Friday, June 21, 2013

The good and the bad

I was lucky today, to have my friend Jane come spend the day with me, and her two girls to play with my boys. Hubby took a vacation day and did the yardwork, then he watched the kids while Jane and I had some crafty girl time.
I started watching more coverage on the heavy rains in Calgary, and learned that the city has flooded :( There are 25+ neighborhoods that have been evacuated, and even downtown is underwater. I am very grateful to my friends Sherry, Tammy and Ed's cousin Melanie for posting updates. I was able to check in with Thomas (my oldest) today, and he said he didn't know of all that, he just knew it rained a lot. Luckily he is in a part of town that is a bit higher so his home is dry. It makes me so sad to see these pictures, and I imagine what it would be like if we were living through this right now in Calgary. I can't even fathom all of the people who lost everything. There were over 100,000 people evacuated, to either friends' homes, hotels or shelters. Mother Nature is being very cruel to Calgary and surrounding areas today. Here are some pictures of areas that are covered:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give It Away - Paul Brandt