Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Loving!

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted since June 16th! (Which, of course was my baby's birthday. Well, not so much a baby anymore, he turned 21!) And I can't wait for him to come and visit, he'll be here at the end of July.

We've been busy, as hubby has been travelling so much for work. That is not the norm (or at least, since we moved to Texas, it is not supposed to be the norm) but with so many people on summer vacation, being short-handed is common, and hubby is picking up a lot of the slack. We even drove to Louisiana last week and spent a few days with him on the job. Discovered the Frothy Monkey coffee shop and LOVED it! If you ever get the chance, seriously, try the Turtle latte. A work of art in a cup. Mmmm.

So, here's my post for today! I've been working with this beautiful little flip flop that I bought from JoAnn, for $1 for the pair. I used it as a template and cut out chipboard for each page, then 2 pieces of patterend paper for each chipboard piece (it was a lot of work.) Then I printed all my pics in 3x4 or wallet size so they would fit, and embellished and journalled. Pretty simple, but I love it. And Benjamin loves it, and that's what makes it so special to me. My sweet little 2 year old loves the things I make for him, how fantastic is that!

I started this back in June, right after my online friend Janet posted that the challenge was coming. Now mine is NOT wearable, and you'll see why in a second. This is the original cutie pie flip flop. Loved the colors, totally says summer to me!

Now you'll see why it's not wearable, and why there's only one! The other was used as a template to create an album about my 2 year old son and his beautiful and adorable 'girlfriend'. Here's the pics:

Front view, fanned open:

And the back view, fanned open:

My little boy just LOVES this album! It is hanging right now in his room and he is sitting here laughing and pointing at the picture. Now this is what scrapbooking is all about :p

1 comment:

  1. HI CINDYPANTS!
    :)
    you found us, so i had to come over and find you, too!

    hee hee

    what did you use to make the other flipflop pages? chipboard? cardboard? just cardstock?

    ReplyDelete

Give It Away - Paul Brandt