Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fabulous Design Dollies challenge

I've been following them for quite some time, but have never completed a challenge of their's before. And the Design Dollies http://designdollies.blogspot.com have had some great challenges! I am proud to submit for them, a card that took a ton of time, thought, paper, and reconfiguring LOL! In the end, I'm very proud of this, and I think I will have a very hard time giving it away.

This is the challenge:
BLUE, GREEN, ORANGE and RED


Sounds pretty simple, right? Well, yes, if you have your idea formulated 100% in your head to start (and who does that?) I started off with one of my favorite stamps - from the Charlie Horse line over at Clear Dollar Stamps http://www.cleardollarstamps.com/ this stamp is Charliene in the Morning. I used Stampin Up paper, along with a page from DCWV Pocket Full of Posies stack. Ink is Close to My Heart clover green and star spangled blue. Markers were Creative Memories, die cuts done with my Spellbinders dies. The red accents were originally white, but with some love from Tattered Angels candy apple red glimmer mist, they became beautiful and vibrant. Bling from my stash and black embossing powder from Stampendous finish off the card. Wow, talk about name dropping! Whew!!

Here is my finished product:

Thank you Dollies, for such an awesome challenge. This is the prize up for grabs, in case anyone needs more reason to pop over and check out their blog:



Check them out, over at the Dollhouse:




5 comments:

  1. Great card! I LOVE the touch of bling! Thanks for playing along with the Dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cindy, that's one COOL card! Love that sentiment (and I can totally relate too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, thank YOU, Cindypants, for playing! your card is SO cute! i should have expected a coffee card from you, girlfriend! :D

    so happy you were able to play along, and even happier to call you my lovely canadian friend! xoxoxoxoxoxo

    much love from the Dollhouse! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! You rocked this one, Girlfriend! That IS a cute stamp -- will have to check them out.

    Oh, and if you can't part with it -- send it to me, and I'll send it back! LOL

    Hugs!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Give It Away - Paul Brandt