Sunday, January 20, 2013

My all day crafty pay-it-forward card

At the beginning of January, there was this post on Facebook about 'the first 5 people to comment on my status will get a pay-it-forward from me'. It's been on my mind since I posted, and I quickly got 5 people to respond. This will be my first gift.
This is a Kraftin Kimmie stamp called Angie. It was a KK challenge that got me wanting to use this stamp (and not just horde it in my stamp closet, but to actually USE it!) I spent the entire day working on this card, it had to look just the right way. I made the flowers with a spellbinders die, and misted them with coffee glimmer mist. Part of the KK challenge was to include either actual metal or the color - the brads in the four corners are metal, even though I broke the prongs off, and the highlights in her hair are platinum :)
I love when people decorate the inside of their cards too, so I incorporated a little pocket in the center to accommodate a Starbucks card. Once I add a little note, I am going to purchase a media mailer, as it has more space inside and won't crush the flowers, then send it on it's way. *submitted to trio of embellishments and krafty guest spot, both with Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

2 comments:

  1. Cindy that is so awesome! I too saw the posts in Facebook about the pay it forward challenge....love the idea! i really love your card...you did a GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Cindy!! Thank you so much for joining the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Give It Away - Paul Brandt