Monday, April 23, 2012

Momma pride

After an amazing 40th birthday, and a weekend retreat with my favorite scrappy chics, it's back to routine. Got hubby off to work, he is traveling today, and will be out of town this week. Little son and I went to the Elementary school to volunteer in the library - it is the annual book fair, and this week is preview week. We usually try to go to assist the kindergarten, first and second grade students with their 'wish lists'. This year was even more fun for me, as my Nicholas (2nd grade) got permission from his substitute teacher to come and see me in the library and to help out. When a little one would put up their hand to signal that they found something they liked, he'd go over and write down the book title, location and price. It made Mommy soooo proud!



I stopped by the classroom later to thank the substitute (I knew all the students were in specials) and she said she was happy to let him go, but she didn't realize he was staying, and that he missed his spelling pretest LOL!! She didn't seem too put out by it, saying she would get him to quickly do it later today. Little imp - and he told me he could stay. That's okay :) I was so happy to see him, he was in a great mood, and he was a fantastic helper. This Mommy is very proud of her little boy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give It Away - Paul Brandt