Sunday, September 18, 2011

May Arts Blog borrow - so stinking cute & easy!



You will need:

empty paper rolls (toilet paper or napkin)

adhesive of choice

May Arts ribbon of choice (I used SM03, 385-58-14, 385-58-44, 391-58-31)

paper and embellishments

scissors

For the rocket's pointy tip, cut a circle and then make a slit to the middle. I used my tape roll as a template. You can always trim it down if it looks to big and you won't be able to tell if it's not an “even” circle anyway!

Because of the slit in your circle you can make the paper cone shape, or a little hat as I like to call it. Staple it together, or use some more double sided tape like I did.

Using the SM03 string, I doubled it over and pulled it through the slit so it comes out the top with the loop and the bottom with the knot. Attach your “hat”. I used a combination of wet glue and glue dots to make it secure.

I cut varying lengths of 385-58-14, 385-58-44 and 391-58-31 and used double sided tape to stick them to the inside bottom of the roll. I embellished the front of the rocket with more “space” stickers and chipboard and hung it in his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give It Away - Paul Brandt