Saturday, January 21, 2012

Continuing on :)

The Simple Stories blog hop was so much fun. Thank you to everyone who commented on my post, and said such kind things about my mini book. Very sweet of you all, and I feel very inspired to continue and get it finished.

My next project is going to be quite different. I've had this book that I just HAD to have from Archivers, called Journaling Solutions. It is marked at $19.99, but it is worth it! (And I used a coupon haha!)
I journal a lot, as I feel that is just as important as the photo to tell the story, and sometimes more so. I am using this amazing book to create an album of interviews, stories and favorite comments or funny sayings that come out of the kids' mouths. It will be ongoing, and hopefully not finished for years to come, but I have kick started it with an interview I found with the kids on Sept 26/11. They laughed when I read it back to them, and seeing as my husband travels so much, they are things he would otherwise miss out on.
This album will be 95% written, with the odd photo, likely 2x2 of the kids here and there. I am very excited about it, and will post updates from time to time as I get pages completed. I plan on using one journaling pen (black) and lots of colorful paper to accent, with a plain white background page to make it easy to doodle around. Here's hoping it turns out the way I see it in my head :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give It Away - Paul Brandt