Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pretty Storage

Long before I was a scrapbooker, I was a great believer in my Daytimer. Not a computerized one, no PDA, no online calendar, but a real, paper in hand scheduler. When I discovered scrapbooking almost 11 years ago (wow!) it became even more important to me. As all of us crafty folks know, journaling on your pages and books is so important. You also know that we are all behind LOL! My way for making that 'ok' is by keeping my daytimer updated daily with anything I may want to journal about.

Now comes my project for today. It turned into a little more than I'd planned. I wanted to make a storage solution for my daytimer pages from last year. I refer back to them often, so I wanted it cute so it could be out and not tucked away, and something simple. I use a 2 page per day system (plus adding in all the school reminders, notices, tickets, etc. that go along with daily life) so my daytimer is awfully chunky, too much for the silver rings. This is what I came up with:

Simple closure:

Ribbon binding:

Easy to read label:

The only thing I may add will be a small date tab hanging from the spine on the ribbon.

Now... to get onto the previous months / years! It will be a work in process :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give It Away - Paul Brandt